Thursday, February 5, 2009

book or film

Which is better, the book or the film of the book?

Books have helped us to understand our past and have existed for centuries. Thanks to them, the world has evolved and our ancestors' knowledge has been perpetuated. Televisions are the image of our future and are present in every house. A tv-set is becoming more and more indispensable to more and more people.

For a lot of people reading a book is a means of escaping from reality. Moreover, the pleasure lasts a long time. You can read anywhere, even if you are surrounded by people. Books contain more details, therefore you can visualize the characters, see the landscapes described, using your imagination. With books you learn new vocabulary and you can improve your spelling.

But other people will say that a book is expensive and that there are more and more books which are disappointing. For these people, reading a book is boring, so they prefer to watch the film based on the book.

Films can be a short social activity. More emotions emanate from films because the movie-goer see the emotions displayed on the characters' faces. However, films do not always respect the story of the book. The end is often different.

Personally, I think books are better than the films based on them. I started reading when I was young and I still like reading now. It is a real pleasure for me. In every aspect, reading has made my life richer. Reading allows me to escape from reality. Thanks to books, I have a lot of imagination. In my opinion, the film of the book has little value. It is only a rehash of a story that has already been told in words. It is the easy way out.

Finally, I agree that we must evolve with the modern world, but let us not forget that old methods are often the most enriching. Nothing is worth a good book.(LC 2001)

top

No comments:

Post a Comment